In 2015, the Nikon European Film Festival will be held again. This time in partnership with the Raindance Film Festival. This year the Chairman of the jury will be Asif Kapadia director.
Are you an aspiring filmmaker? Take part in the Nikon European Film Festival. Whether you’re an enthusiast or a film professional, this is a chance to win the Grand Prize of a Nikon D810 film kit plus a trip to the Cannes Film Festival. Enter by submitting a short film of up to 140 seconds filmed in HD on any device.
Submissions open on 13 October 2015.
Submissions close on 15 January 2016.
The challenge: Make an everyday moment memorable
Turning an everyday moment into a compelling narrative requires a level of observation native to good storytellers and filmmakers. It means seeing the ordinary with new eyes, reflecting daily life with a different perspective. What your story is about and how you tell it is up to you, but it must be clearly inspired by an everyday moment. It’s as simple as that: pick a moment from daily life and go make a film.
The organizers want you to express your creativity, so the theme is simple and straightforward, letting you tell your story in your own style.
Film Festival awards and prizes
Five Fabulous Prize Packages, Five Categories of Excellence. There are four prizes awarded by the jury and one voted by viewers.
The Grand Price winner will receive a Nikon D810 film kit and an all-expenses-paid networking trip to the Cannes Film Festival 2016, as the special guest of Raindance.
The winners of the ‘Best Narrative’ and ‘Technical Excellence’ awards will both receive a Nikon D750 film kit and EUR 3,000 prize money, while the ‘Best Student Entry’ will receive a Nikon D750 film kit and EUR 2,000 prize money.
The filmmaker behind the ‘People’s Choice’ award will receive a Nikon D750 film kit.
- Any participant under the age of 18 must provide parental authorization upon qualifying.
- Submission opens 13/10/2015 and closes 15/1/2016
- Your film is between 30 and 140 seconds, in a HD (High Definition) format, shot on any device
- Your film’s privacy settings on YouTube or Vimeo must be set to Public.
- You must have shot the film and own its usage rights, as well as any soundtrack(s) used.
- Your film must contain no nudity, profanity, or any content that may be considered offensive.
- Your film may not have won an award at any other film festival.
- The uploaded videos shall follow the theme: a different perspective on an everyday moment.
- You must live in one of the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Vatican City
See the full competition rules here: www.nikonfilmfestival.com